Our Process Consists of Four Major Steps
1. Client Meetings
We meet with our clients in order to take them through our proven, in-depth discovery process which helps us understand their:
- Vision and strategy;
- Organizational goals, strengths and challenges;
- Environment – both the current culture as well as the culture they are building; and
- Behaviors, traits and skills of current and past top performers.
2. Candidate Discovery
We continuously source candidates for our clients through:
- Our Advocates Community: Our proprietary network of tens of thousands of prospective candidates and referral sources. We develop long lasting relationships enabling us to source appropriate candidates and referrals when an opportunity arises.
- Direct Sourcing of Candidates:
- Our dedicated research team identifies every potential candidate in a given market who meets your position requirements.
- Next, highly trained Search Consultants ensure every person has been contacted.
- The success of that outreach is supported through our unique on-going training program.
- To support our mission and our client’s diversity hiring efforts, we reach out to our list of over 50 organizations focused on underrepresented groups in law practice.
3. In-Depth Screening
When performing a search assignment, we perform the following steps – at each phase candidates may be eliminated from consideration:
- An intensive initial interview to identify potential candidates;
- Our unique Chronological Behavior-based Interview (CBI) to determine skills and track record of proven traits;
- Thorough reference checks on every applicant prior to submission to client.
- For lateral partners/of counsel we also include verification of their business metrics, portable practice and practice goals.
These steps ensure a better match and save you time, as they enable us to develop a comprehensive profile of the successful candidate.
4. The Match
You will never have to interview more than three people for an open position.
The Advocates will present you with up to three finalist candidates for your position. Our presentation materials include a cover letter helping you understand each candidate’s background, career goals and traits that match your culture.
We guarantee that you will hire one of our finalists and guarantee that hire for one year. (See our Guarantees page).