Why Choose Us to Represent You?
We represent anyone who works in the legal field in law firms or the corporate setting.
- Legal Assistant/Secretary
- General Counsel
Whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned partner, there are unique
advantages to trusting The Advocates.
Overview | Lateral
Partner Representation/Mergers | Direct
Hire | Contract
Work | Results
The Advocates' difference lies in the depth of understanding we develop of
you, our candidate, and our clients. This means that we work to find you the type
of opportunity, in the environment that is best suited for you and your background.
We work with multiple contacts at every client to develop a deep understanding
of their organization's history, culture, traits of top performers and other issues.
When working with you, our candidate, we go far deeper than the typical twenty-minute
interview. If we invite you to our office for an interview, we work with you through
our unique Chronological Behavior-based interview to really understand you, your
background and your career goals. In other words:
We're your Advocates in the legal marketplace,
representing you and the way you want to work.
Your Advocate is an expert in your type of practice, whether a support position or Para-professional, lateral associate/counsel or partner level candidate, you can take comfort in the fact that the person working with you specializes in your type of opportunity.
Confidential: When confidentiality is important, our unique process insures that your search will not be compromised.
By working with one of our Advocates, you get the right opportunity, faster.
Lateral Partner Representation/Mergers
Confidentiality, market knowledge, insight and guidance summarize the benefits of working with The Advocates. Making a lateral partner move, or merging your firm with another law firm is a critical time. We have worked with dozens of partners and helped them with this transition. Our process features:
- Knowledge: We have a broad knowledge of the market as we work with a large number of firms and have met with the leadership of these law firms in the markets we serve. Along with how we get to know you and your practice, through our unique CBI, this gives us an edge in helping you view this decision as holistically as possible. Also our market knowledge can let you know how the offer stacks, up, what you should expect, comparisons, etc.
- Confidentiality: First of all, we work with you to limit the number of opportunities to consider. The less people that are involved the better the chance to keep your search completely confidential. Second, we work directly with leaders within each client firm and have established a track record of credibility with them. This allows us to call, without using your name, and measure if there is true potential for a move to that firm.
- Unique assessment and negotiation tools: We offer several unique tools, developed through our experience working with lateral partners that help you assess your practice accurately, and work with you and our client firm on negotiating a fair deal, that represents a win-win outcome leading to a long term fit.
with us directly to get details.
Direct Hire: “Traditional” Positions
Our relationships with hundreds of law firms and corporate legal departments
give us a unique view of the marketplace. We can become a trusted career advisor
when we combine that market knowledge with the understanding we develop of you,
your background, and your goals through our Chronological Behavior-based interview.
Furthermore, we assist you in protecting the confidentiality of your job search
and provide access to unique positions that are not advertised.
Contract Work: Contracting = Flexibility and Learning
We have developed relationships with hundreds of potential hiring sources
in the markets we serve. Furthermore, we empower you to focus on your passion
and expertise without being encumbered with the details of being your own contractor
(selling new business, accounting, payroll taxes, collections, etc). You gain
a variety of career enhancing work and work the way you want to: In a traditional
full time setting or as a flexible legal professional.
all of the benefits and details.
We're Your Agent in the Legal Marketplace
Getting You Results
We find the best career options to fit your skills, personality, and experience.
When we work with you, we will perform:
- An intensive initial phone interview to identify your strengths, weaknesses
- Our unique Chronological Behavior-based Interview (CBI) to determine skills,
track record of proven traits, your career goals and the type of opportunity that
would present the best fit.
- We use the information above to help you decide the best potential opportunities
for the next step in your career.
- We provide thorough and in-depth coaching.
- How to best present your background (resume coaching).
- Inteview preparation and performance.
- Career planning.